This caucus exists as an affiliated but separately administered organization of scholars who are also members of the ALA, and whose work relates to or intersects with North Africa.
The objectives of this organization are:
1. To establish a network of scholars and teachers working on North Africa.
2. To promote scholarship on North African literatures, cultures, and related subjects.
3. To promotes the engagement of scholars with North Africa across and/or beyond national, linguistic, and disciplinary boundaries.
4. To ensure the continued engagement of research on North Africa with the broader context of research on Africa.
5. To foster the development of scholarship on lesser-studied aspects of North African literatures and cultures.
6. To provide a collegial network of resources for the advancement of North African Studies to the African Literature Association, other related associations, universities, publishers, and institutions.
Chair: Douja Mamelouk firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice chair: Matthew Brauer email@example.com
Secretary: Jocelyn Frelier firstname.lastname@example.org
Former Chair: Ziad Bentahar email@example.com