PANAFEST FOUNDATION GHANA
NATIONAL PANAFEST PLANNING COMMITTEE
AND UNIVERSITY OF CAPE COAST
PANAFEST INTERNATIONAL COLLOQUIUM 2021
DATE: Monday July 26 -- Wednesday July 28, 2021
VENUE: University of Cape Coast, Ghana, & in Virtual Space
CALL FOR PAPERS
SECURING THE AFRICAN FAMILY: OUR SOUL, OUR HEALTH, OUR WEALTH.
PANAFEST: The Pan African Arts Festival, originally known as the Pan African Historical Theatre Festival, is a landmark biennial event which is celebrated in Ghana for all Africans in the spirit of Re-Uniting the African Family: Pan Africanism and the African Renaissance. Celebrated without interruption since 1992, the Festival addresses the impact of that most traumatic of human experiences to distort the natural evolution of African societies. Across the centuries, wherever they may be, whether at home on the continent or in the Diaspora, the African family has always reached back and forth to transform the humiliating narratives of shame and suffering into healing statements of strength, resilience, resistance and the victory of balanced living.
Part of this renewing and humanizing narrative is reiterated at every PANAFEST through thought-provoking presentations at the colloquia that promote dialogue, the sharing of life-affirming knowledge and the creation of consensus around vital issues for the global African community. Over the years, we have seen scholarly presentations, forward-moving discussions, exhibitions and artistic performances that reflect the vibrancy of the African spirit and the ingenuity of the African personality.
At this year’s Colloquium, we wish to continue with the discourses of the unification of the African family and to traverse the road to an African renaissance. Thus, a new addition to the Colloquium is a Roundtable that invites major banking executives from Africa and the Diaspora to share practical ideas about improving banking methods and opening up opportunities for business partnerships among Black peoples in the Caribbean, Ghana and Africa, USA and Europe. As always, at PANAFEST Colloquium, the grounds will be prepared for the crucial conversation of safeguarding our spiritual strength, health and wealth.
THE CALL FOR PAPERS (CFP)
Proposals are invited for paper presentations, panels, poster presentations, exhibitions and short performances that speak to the theme of this year’s PANAFEST, and particularly focus on the overarching objective of bringing the larger African family together for progress. Sub-themes include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Unification of the Global African Family
- Harambe: Working Together for the African Renaissance
- Reparations: The Journey So Far, and the Way Forward
- Repatriation: Inviting Africans in the Diaspora Back Home to Visit, to
- Connect and to Live
- Repatriation: Problems and Solutions
- Impact of COVID on African Communities: Medical Perspectives
- Impact of COVID on African Communities: Social and Economic
- African Responses to COVID: Inventions and Creativity
- African Reflections on Black Lives Matter (BLM)
- Soul to Soul at 50: A Retrospective
- Securing Africa’s Wealth: Potentials of African Continental Free Trade
- Agreement (ACFTA)
- The International Decade for People of African Descent: An
- Assessment of the Halfway Mark
- Celebrating African Spirituality and Resilience
- United Africa: Global African Spiritual, Cultural, and Economic
- Our Historical Narrative: Unearthing Tangible and Intangible Cultures
- of African Communities
Please send abstracts of your proposed paper, panel, exhibition or performance as MSWord attachments to The PANAFEST Colloquium Committee at:
Length of Abstract – Not more than 300 words
Please use Times New Roman, 12 point font and double spaced
Deadline for abstracts: Friday May 20, 2021
We plan to publish peer-reviewed full papers after the colloquium. Therefore, we recommend the use of the latest MLA and APA styles.
Please visit our webpage http://www.ucc.edu.gh/panafestcolloquium and download a registration form or send a request via the email address below. Fill out the form and return to us as an attachment.
For Further Information Please Contact Either:
PANAFEST INTERNATIONAL COLLOQUIUM
University of Cape Coast,
University Post Office,
Cape Coast, GHANA
Post Office Box 1048
Cape Coast, GHANA